Do I need tags on my wire rope slings?大发棋牌视频是哪个网站Yes. Effective July 8, 2011, OSHA requires legible identification markings on all wire rope slings. View Details
- The standard rope used by Lift-All on slings up through 1 1/8” diameter is 6 X 19, EIP, IWRC. This rope provides good abrasion resistance with flexibility suitable for most applications. Lift-All will be happy to evaluate your application. Please contact the Lift-All Customer Service Department for assistance at 800-909-1964 or email@example.com.
- While the Flemish splice method tends to result in varying degrees of strand looping (high strands) in the sling eye, this is not cause for removal from service as sling capacity and durability are not affected. High strands in the sling body, however, do affect sling strength and indicate that the sling is damaged and should be removed from service.
Will chain last longer than wire rope?大发棋牌视频是哪个网站When used under the same conditions, chain slings can be expected to last longer than wire rope slings.
- The National Association of Chain Manufacturers allows only alloy steel chain to be used for overhead lifting. Although not specified by OSHA, they will enforce the NACM requirement.
- Grade 100 chain slings are approximately 25% stronger than grade 80 chain slings of the same diameter. The chain is harder, resulting in greater abrasion resistance and, therefore, longer life.
- No. The sling must be sent back to Lift-All for inspection and proof testing before it can be retagged.
- Welded chain slings are tamper proof, assuring that you have an assembly that has not been compromised with an incompatible component.